[Cialug] InstallFest 2010?

Matt Stanton inflatablesoulmate at brothersofchaos.com
Fri Nov 20 12:59:04 CST 2009

It would make sense to have a few cds, but not very many.  What would be
useful would be for someone to bring a computer with a dvd burner and a
stack of cds and dvds to burn.  We could assign people who are committed
to showing up early the task of downloading a few distro ISOs to bring
in on thumbdrives or whatnot.  It would also be radically handy to have
the 'burner computer' set up with usb-creator-gtk or any similar USB
startup disk formatter for those who want to speed up their netbook over
XP home with ubuntu netbook remix or something.  I'm sure many of you
probably work in environments where netbooks are popular, so some
workplace bulletin board posts would be in order.

I would imagine that we could have pretty good success with netbook
linux installs, since a netbook isn't the sort of thing you would use
for gaming or any other tasks that keep people glued to windows (even I
have a Vista Ultimate on my home desktop because I'm hopelessly addicted
to Left 4 Dead 2 and various other Valve games).

We could also have a person designated for adding people who show up at
the event to the cialug mailing list so that they can get any support
they need for their new linux install later.