[Cialug] Summer Picnic?

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed May 27 13:52:19 CDT 2009

1) Ranges between 10 and 30... like the meetings.

2) The furthest I think we've gone has been to near Saylorville Lake,
but I think that closer to the city is better for most.  Maybe the
Raccoon River places would be a good option?

3) It's usually bring-your-own.

To address Don's point, I agree with the idealism behind "everyone vote
on open dates", but my experience has been that whenever a group tries,
that no date really works, so we just pick one randomly anyway.  For me
personally, I'd prefer that whoever runs this thing have all the power
and decide what, when and where it will be.  Then, if we can come, we
will.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

Josh More wrote:
> I note that the LUG schedule reminds me that we generally have a LUG
> picnic sometime in July/August.  Anyone out there willing to set it
up?

   1: What's the normal attendance number for a picnic?
   2: How far are people willing to drive?
   3: How are the food/beverages normally funded?

James