[Cialug] Open source alternative to Crystal Reports?

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Tue May 5 10:22:47 CDT 2009

The company I work for is looking for an external reporting engine.
 Initially we looked at Crystal Reports, but unfortunately it looks like it
is Windows only.  One key point is it would have to allow us to redistribute
the report generator.  Our staff and our customers will be creating reports.
 For the reports that we create and send to our customers, they will need a
way to actually run the report.  That would probably mean a redistributable
executable that reads the report format file(s), reads the database, and
generates the desired report.  Are there any open source alternatives to
Crystal?

--
Tim
Required reading: http://bccplease.com/