[Cialug] OT: safe/reliable fuel-efficient cars.

James Shoemaker james at dhlake.com
Mon Mar 2 20:37:51 CST 2009

>>> not sure which honda you looked at, but I've got a 2008 Fit sport,
>>> manual,
>>> gets 30+ combined driving, and I can sit up and finish off that last
>>> bit of
>>> pepsi big slam while driving.  good power, good handling (I was able
>>> to hold
>>> my own as a n00b at a recent auto cross event), and the back seats
>>> fold up
>>> or down to give you really deep storage (seats up) or really big
>>> cargo room
>>> (backs down).  you can also fold down both the front and back passenger
>>> seats to get almost 10'x4' storage - I was able to haul home my ikea
>>> wardrobe, which would never have fit in my S10

   I rode in an accord with my head uncomfortably cocked to the left,
not that it would have worked space wise anyway.  The fit is definitely
out (not enough room for 3 people AND a wheelchair and a walker).
Folding down the seats isn't an option as then there's not room for 3
people anymore.  I have the problem that my height is mostly torso, not
legs.  I don't even drive with the seat in my passat all the way back,
but I have 3 inches between the top of my head and the roof (the fact
that it doesn't have a sunroof helps there).

James