[Cialug] 'nother question

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Thu Jan 29 08:41:50 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 1:03 AM, Don Cady <doncady at gmail.com> wrote:
> Re Lirc; Is the serial port set for Irda mode in BIOS? Usually you can
> only set it one way or the other. From what you've given, it appears
> like the serial driver has already started using 0x0310 before Lirc
> starts.

The option I was referring to uses the lirc SIR IrDA module. The only
option I had to do in the bios to get lirc to load correctly was to
turn on the irda port. Again, even though lirc reported that it
detected the irda port and loaded the SIR module I never actually got
it to recognize the remote control.

--
Matthew Nuzum