[Cialug] 'nother question

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 13:21:14 CST 2009

I finally got lirc!  I don't know what else was using 0x0310, but I found a
spot in bios to change it to 0x0320, and now it works! (stupid bios putting
that setting one level above the uart mode setting....)

Now, sad to say I've opened up two more questions.
1.) I can't get myth to change my volume.  I have master and pcm as
options.  It looks like only master is getting passed through pulseAudio,
and I need to change PCM.  I can't figure out how to add a pcm slider to the
alsa/pulse mixer.

2.) I've recorded a couple of HD mpeg2 streams, but I've noticed that liveTV
or recoded playback puts my CPU at or over 100 in top.  Is that normal?  I'm
running a 3ghz HyperThreaded P4.  The video is usually kind of choppy, and
I'm still trying to sort out my playback settings.  I'm using a GeForce FX
5500 card w/ nVidia 173.x drivers and I can't get XvMC to work. (black
screen, locks frontend)

--Justin