[Cialug] OT: safe/reliable fuel-efficient cars.

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Fri Feb 27 12:53:38 CST 2009

Elantra is a great car.  I know there are a lot of weird physics involved in an accident but the truck that hit us and the ford focus we hit both came away - at least looking - pretty well, I'm thinking about something a little bigger.

The prices have also gone up.  I think mine was around 11K in early 04 .  It wouldn't surprise me if I could get a lot better deal in this economy though.

I now there are trade-offs between economy and performance but I wouldn't mind something a little more robust too.  I was just wondering what other people have and are happy with to try to reconcile my performance-efficiency tradeoff and newfound concern for safety.

I will probably end up back at the Hyundai dealership and the Honda dealership at some point.  Thinking about Subaru too.