[Cialug] distro for ibook

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Dec 8 09:52:15 CST 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 9:46 AM, Afan Pasalic <afan at afan.net> wrote:

>  One thing is not clear to me. Is there REALLY good readon why apple
> computers are so expensive? quality i hardware can't be the answer because
> the same hardware configuration with Win is at least 30% less, some times
> more then 50%.

All of the business grade laptops are more expensive than the consumer
oriented ones you find at Best Buy. I've owned Thinkpad, Latitude and Apple
computers and they have comparable (very high) build quality and are near in
price.

Check out http://www.bearfruit.org/blog/2009/06/11/mac-cheaper-than-dell for
a detailed breakdown.

--