[Cialug] distro for ibook

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Dec 8 09:54:15 CST 2009

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009, Afan Pasalic wrote:

> One thing is not clear to me. Is there REALLY good readon why apple
> computers are so expensive? quality i hardware can't be the answer
> because the same hardware configuration with Win is at least 30% less,
> some times more then 50%.

Sure! THEY control the user experience COMPLETELY. Hardware, Software,
Media, Markets, .. they're much worse then the 'Establishment' in Orwell's
1984.

> them cheapest macbook is $999. I bought toshiba laptop few months ago
> for $550 with, I think, superior hardware. if macbook was $600 or $650 I
> would buy the one. but to pay $400 apple logo on compuer? c'mon...

Apple is a closed architecture, PCs are open. Apple is just better at
marketing than IBM was with the PS2.

> I think with these prices apple will never reach more then 10% of market
> share. more often I think they play "noble product" game. only "special
> people" (rich?) can have it. lice cadillac or mercedes or porsche...

Why? They have the market they want - anyone who cares about software
freedom is **NOT** an Apple fan.

	Lee