[Cialug] New desktop ?

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 10:26:23 CDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:15 AM, David Champion <dave at dchamp.net> wrote:

> I'm not trying to say that people didn't have problems with KDE4... just
> curious what version (4.0 or 4.1) and if maybe RedHat just had something
> poorly configured... which wouldn't be surprising from a company that
> publicly says that the Linux desktop is dead.

My worst KDE4 experience was quite recently with KDE 4.1 on Kubuntu
Intrepid.  It was my personal worst because it only took me about 10 minutes
to decide that 4.0 was Not Ready For Prime Time and went back to 3.x.  With
4.1 I decided to make a go of it since a growing number of distros have
switched to it.  Clearly it can't possibly suck this bad for everyone if
distros are switching.