[Cialug] New desktop ?

Jeff Chapin chapinjeff at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 14:56:03 CDT 2009

This was a while back, a few years at least. What ever was happening,
the apt-get update was breaking KDM, so when I rebooted to get into the
new kernel things were locking up -- regardless of what kernel I was
selecting. After a long struggle trying to resolve things, I went to the
freenode channel and got chewed out for doing it 'manually' and was told
to use the GUI. I let the GUI run the first time and things worked.

Never bothered to look into it that much, though. After spending a few
weeks reinstalling, I frankly was just happy it was working.