[Cialug] encrypting a file

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Fri Apr 17 14:18:38 CDT 2009

Hi, I have two people that I occassionally send sensitive information
to. Well, more than that but these two are special because they're not
computer geeks in any way.

In all cases it's just a document that we want kept private. One of
them uses Windows 64bit (I think Vista) and for some reason gpg
doesn't seem to work. However even if it did I don't like this
solution because before he got Vista we used gpg/winpt and he had to
create a new key every time I wanted to send him a file.

Do you know a very easy way that I can encrypt a file on my Ubuntu
computer and send it to these two people who are Windows users?
Ideally it would be great if I could just use a pass phrase so that if
they forget it I can just tell it to them over the phone.

--
Matthew Nuzum