[Cialug] Parted Feature

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 12:15:26 CDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Don Cady <doncady at gmail.com> wrote:
> This may not help now.., but couldn't you do a move operation first? I
> don't think it has the same limitation as resize. If there isn't
> enough space for what's in /home, I'd nuke sda1, move sda2 forward,
> then resize the tail end of it back to where it was.

Which is exactly what I would have done, had I known about that
limitation beforehand.  I'm not too worried though.  It seems to be
working, and I'd truly expect a program high-class enough to be "GNU"
to stop before it did anything it wasn't capable of doing.

And if it does fail, parted also recovers partitions!

-todd