[Cialug] Next Meeting - Wednesday September 17

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Sep 17 11:27:26 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 11:11 AM, Matthew Nuzum <newz at bearfruit.org> wrote:
> Also there's been a
> rumour that RH is dropping Xen in favour of KVM. You've gotta give us
> the juicy details.

Red Hat can't drop Xen completely because RHEL5 will be supported
until 2014.  I can see Xen getting dropped in favor of KVM in RHEL 6+.
 You already can't use Fedora 9 as a Xen host (you can still use it as
a guest) because the Red Hat developers got tired of forward-porting
the Xen code every time Linus releases a new kernel.

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"