[Cialug] Next Meeting - Wednesday September 17

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Sep 17 11:11:42 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Theron Conrey <theron.conrey at dice.com> wrote:
> Have fun tonight all, I'll be with you all virtually..... *ducks*
>
> Will be fun to get back and talk about the bigger than last year linux presence here at VMworld.  Redhat, (novell) suse, (canonical) ubuntu, and the wierd Citrix/CentOS/Xen monster, are all showing off what they do with virtualization.

There was the rumour that, since Citrix was thought to be in the palm
of Microsoft, that Xen would become, Xen Virtualization Server Edition
Premium NG. Would love to hear how that turns out. Also there's been a
rumour that RH is dropping Xen in favour of KVM. You've gotta give us
the juicy details.

And what do you mean by "citrix/_centos_/xen monster?" When did centos
become part of that?

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode