[Cialug] iPod on KDE

Jim Asbille jim.asbille at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 09:35:07 CDT 2008

It's been a while since I set my Ipod Nano (1st gen) up with Amarok.  Here
is a discussion forum that might help.
I had to format the Nano with the Windows file system to get it to work, I
couldn't get it recognized with the Apple FS on it.  That was years ago so
start with Amarok configuration before formatting.

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:18 PM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I put my iPod on its little mounter thing that's plugged into the
> USB on my computer KDE asked me what I wanted to do with it.  I pushed
> the wrong thing.  Now I can't get the friggin thing to work for the
> life of me.  I don't know where to tell KDE that I messed up and I
> want to choose something different.  It just does nothing now.  I can
> mount it from the command line: 'mount /dev/sdc /mnt/ipod'.  But then
> Amarok says it couldn't get a lock on it or something.  There's no
> lock file on the iPod.
>
> I hate Apple.
>
> -todd

Jim Asbille, MSM
registered Linux user number 388067

"A President needs political understanding to run the government, but he may
be elected without it."
--Harry S. Truman