[Cialug] Ubuntu release & sour grapes blogging

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Nov 3 11:02:22 CST 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 10:34 AM,  <jrnosee at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm kinda unhappy that Ubtuntu/Gnome isn't relying on the xorg.conf really
> anymore.  I can't figure out how to adjust my synaptics touchpad on my
> laptop.  It's a "wide" pad and ubuntu configures the scoll area to be wider
> than it should be. (there's a raied divider on my pad, but the scroll area
> goes out side of that divider)  I used to be able to change the size of the
> scroll area, but now I can't find it.

I think that x.org still uses xorg.conf. It just ships with a
relatively empty config file. My file has this in it:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"        "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"      "auto-dev"
        Option          "HorizScrollDelta"      "0"
EndSection

I think this came from the options in the touchpad tab in "mouse preferences."

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode