[Cialug] Ubuntu release & sour grapes blogging

Theron Conrey theron.conrey at dice.com
Mon Nov 3 11:44:31 CST 2008

I run Ubuntu on my desktop at work, as well as my laptop, using VMware's workstation to host my companies windows image on my desktop.  This has worked extremely well however I ran into an issue with workstation 6.5 after I upgraded to Ubuntu 8.10.  The keymapping within my VM was "wonky" and key's did not behave in the correct behavior.  I had to manually set a keymap for VMware in my $HOME/.vmware dir as noted in this article (listed as solution #2)

http://nthrbldyblg.blogspot.com/2008/06/vmware-and-fubar-keyboard-effect.html

Just a heads up.

-Theron