[Cialug] SATA the norm these days?

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Mon Jun 23 08:07:44 CDT 2008

About 2 years ago i had to make this same decision when i wanted to add
a drive to my file server. I bought a PCI<-->SATA card and haven't
looked back. I think the motherboard & CPU in that particular machine
are circa 1999 or 2000 (it's a 450 MHz P-II), but it works just fine
with the SATA drives that are hanging off of the card. Right now i'm
not certain if i'm booting from an SATA drive or from an older IDE; but
i *think* i'm still booting from IDE.