[Cialug] E-mail

Lars Althof lars at larch.dk
Wed Jul 23 21:04:24 CDT 2008

2008/7/23 Richard Harms <rh-cialug at darkrealms.com>:

> On Jul 22, 2008, at 9:25 AM, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
>
>  For those who own their own domains, what do you do for e-mail services?
>>

> Zimbra's ZCS Open Source Edition on a Mac mini. Very easy administration,
> and upgrades are quite simple. Virus scanning and spam filtering built in.

Until my hard drive died Monday I ran Courier as both MTA, Webmail, and
IMAP. I like the fact that one package can supply everything mail related.
In my setup I scanned mail with Spamassassin and Clam AV before delivering,
so the amount of spam that got through was not terrible.
Now I switched to Google Apps which does pretty much the same thing, but is
not as likely to crash. I have not yet decided if I am going to stay with
Google once I get my server going again, but it is likely.

/Lars