[Cialug] the other cool new phone

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Jul 11 15:19:26 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Bill Davis <bill.davis at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2G (aka EDGE) ain't that horrible, frankly. I use the web browsing while out
> and about all the time and it's indispensible.  The old "web browser" on my
> prior phone was a joke.  Safari on iPhone is VERY usable.  And of course
> anywhere there is an open WiFi hot spot, it will use it (automatically if
> you've been there before and used it, or it will tell you and ask if you
> want to use it if not).  Handy.

Yeah, Internet Explorer on my WM6 phone isn't that great.  I've tried
Opera Mobile too and it's so-so.  But having the web on your phone can
be extremely handy, even with a crappy browser!  It's kind of like how
cell phones used to be - twenty years ago no one needed them, now they
are indispensable.  I think the same will happen with web access on
your phone but a lot sooner.

Jeff