[Cialug] the other cool new phone

Bryan Baker ka_klick at mac.com
Sat Jul 12 14:37:48 CDT 2008

Yeah, I'm looking to buy an iPhone 3G but I was stuck on an old Sony
Ericson - my last hitch just ended, so it's time to upgrade anyway,
and I might as well get going w/ the 3G.

Already an AT&T (Before that Cingular and before that AT&T wile never
changing carriers) customer. I plan to give them a little crap about
the lack of 3G here, but it'll come. I am looking forward to having
the GPS built in, and 16G. If I can actually get a phone that is :-)

I also already have a .Mac account (a dialog just informed me that
it's officially changed over to MobileMe) which will give me all that
exchange/blackberry-like push sync goodness, w/o dealing directly w/
MS Exchange.

If I had a 2.5G iPhone I wouldn't be upgrading (the hardware) but
since I have an out-of-plan Sony, I will and bite the bullet on the
new plan rates.