[Cialug] Which Distro is best?

Dave Crouse crouse at usalug.net
Mon Jul 7 10:27:26 CDT 2008

Personally, like I said before, I wouldn't recommend starting with Gentoo.
Read this before you do....
http://www.linuxquestions.org/reviews/showcat.php/cat/9
Gentoo is a great distro, it is NOT geared towards Linux newbies, nor
is Arch, or LFS or Slackware, all great versions of Linux, but they
sure aren't what I'd recommend to you.  Personally I don't know anyone
who STARTED their linux excursions with Gentoo.

Put simply:
The installation is quite indepth and requires a decent knowledge of
Linux to correctly configure.

Just my opinion.

Dave Crouse
www.usalug.org