[Cialug] Which Distro is best?

Colin Burnett cmlburnett at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 00:21:36 CDT 2008

There is no "best".  It would be prudent to try more than one so you
can evaluate what's best *for you*.  For me that's gentoo after red
hat, slackware, suse, linux from scratch, mandrake, and ubuntu (mostly
in that order dating back a decade).  If you can't compare & contrast
distros in your own words then keep trying.

However, the distro is 99% irrelevant to learning "linux" or programming.

Colin