[Cialug] two issues with with T61p/opensuse 10.3

Afan Pasalic afan at afan.net
Sun Apr 6 12:13:05 CDT 2008

I installed on my new T61p openSuse 10.3 (thanks to Josh and Jim :)).
Not exactly "out of the box" but did it.

1.
I can get connected to internet, but when tried wireless - can't.
I can see all networks around my house and when tried to connect mine -
can't?
card is configured (Intel Lenovo Thikpad Card wlan-wlan0)
I know SLED works fine on T61p but WiFi, that's why I tried openSuse
10.3

any idea where to start?

2. When connect USB drive get error message:
"hal-storage-removable no <(action, result)"
On google I found it's (was?) a bug. Fixs I don't understand.
One mentioned as fix Yast > System > /etc/sysconfig Editor > System >
Boot > RUN_PARALEL set as NO ?!?!?!

thanks.

-afan