[Cialug] What should I be asking?

Theron Conrey theron.conrey at dice.com
Wed Sep 26 11:39:51 CDT 2007

1) see my other comment

2)RHEL does a good job with their management tools, but yeah, I'd have to agree Novell/suse makes it easier.

In regards to the windows on Linux /w Xen comment Josh made, ensure that you've got a either:
an Intel chip with VT technology: http://www.intel.com/technology/platform-technology/virtualization/index.htm

or

A proc with AMD's AMD-V tech: http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_8796_14287,00.html

Without a chip that supports virtualization extensions you're not getting Windows on Xen.
(As a note, without one of those you can't do full virtualization with Xen anyway, Linux or not)

XenSource, RHEL, suse, Debian, any distro really, can use Xen as a virtualization tool.  It's the work that the companies / groups do to gen up and polish management tools that makes them shine.

-Theron