[Cialug] HALP!

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Thu Oct 11 13:47:52 CDT 2007

jrnosee at gmail.com wrote:
> On Topic:
> I've got two projects I'm working on personally right now that I could
> really use a hand with if anyone can help out.
> 1.) I'm trying to pair my U.S. Cellular Razr V3c bluetooth with linux.
> Specifically ubuntu/debian or CentOS.  None of the help I can find via
> google is working AT ALL.  My system can find my USB bluetooth adapter and
> can 'hcitool scan' and see my cell phone, but I can't pair the two.
> 2.) Since November's meeting is about embedded linux I was wondering if
> there would be anyone who could give me a hand compiling a kernel with USB
> "device" support for the ARM based NSLU2.

Good luck... I haven't messed with BT & Linux. I did just boot Mandriva
One 2008 last night, and noticed a big BT logo in the icon tray... don't
know if that means it supports what you're trying to do.

> Off Topic:
> The other night I attempted to cannibalize an old system to build a new PC
> for my wife.  Somewhere along the line since the last time I had used it, I
> seem to have killed my Intel P4 Socket478 motherboard.  Does anyone know of
> any place local that would still carry a 478 board with 533FSB, DDR (not
> DDR2) memory slots and an AGP slot?...CHEAP?

Try Computersolver, DIT, or Dymin. If none of them have one, you're
probably going to have to go online - newegg.com or someplace might have
one.

-dc