[Cialug] GNOME partition Editor

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Wed Mar 14 14:23:25 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 13:52 -0500, Jeff wrote:
> Please see the following links
> These are screen shots of my system when trying to change my partition
> size. Its not allowing me to resize my partition and asking me about a
> plugin. Can someone give me some idea what I'm doing wrong or what else
> I need to do

Are you booting off the live cd? In case you aren't, I would do that.
I've had better luck using the partioner when booting offthe cd.

Also, I have a windows partition on my computer, but I have the bare
minimum allocated to it (weelll, something like 15G). Then, in XP I've
installed the ext2/ext3 ifs driver for Windows and mount my /home
partition as a drive letter. This allows me to access all my important
files in either OS. Admittedly, I spend maybe 2 hours in Windows a
month, so I've set this up to be more convenient from Linux than
Windows. However, I've also tried the opposite, storing Linux data on
NTFS and it doesn't work nearly as well as using ext3 in Win.
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode