[Cialug] DVD Ripping

Matt Millard gocyclones at eml.cc
Tue Jul 10 23:20:56 CDT 2007

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 09:54:08 -0500, "Daniel A. Ramaley"
<daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU> said:
> A couple years ago i ripped my CD collection and have happily not had
> to mess with physical discs since. Now hard drive space is getting
> cheap enough that i'm contemplating doing the same with my DVD
> collection. Has anyone done that? What software did you use to rip the
> DVDs? I'll want to create files that have the video, the audio tracks,
> and the subtitle tracks all in one file (without the subtitles burned
> into the image as some software does).

How about this for things to try out:
http://assente.altervista.org/top_10_best_linux_dvd_ripping_and_encoding_software/

Also check out the latest Linux Action Show podcast episode 53 as they
discuss using most of these as well.  It's after the GLP v3 rant...
http://www.linuxactionshow.com

Matt