[Cialug] DVD Ripping

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 14:59:04 CDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Daniel A. Ramaley <daniel.ramaley at drake.edu> wrote:
> Sorry to be a pest, but do you have a link for that? As one might
> expect, Googling for ISO9660 gets lots of information about the
> low-level format of optical discs, but little about DVD ripping.

What I meant was that you could rip the image right off the disc, bit
for bit.  Then mount it as a disc when you want it available.  Or
maybe mplayer plays ISO files.  Also, you can copy the whole disc's
directory structure to disk and mplayer is supposed to be able to play
it as if it were a disc.  I've never done that before.

-todd