[Cialug] ssh file transfer

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Sun Dec 2 11:12:17 CST 2007

If you're using putty, you need to use pscp to transfer files.  It works
pretty much like scp.  However, to make it available everywhere on the
Windows system, you either have to mess with the PATH variable or just
copy pscp.exe into the C:\Windows directory.

Sorry, I don't know which solution is "right" in the Windows paradigm.
I've been Linux-only for too long.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> "Dan Hockey" <icepuck2k at mchsi.com> 12/02/07 10:31 AM >>>
I'm using putty in windows to connect to linux and was trying to upload
file to my account. I've found info on linux to linux ssh transfers but
nothing yet on windows ssh to linux transfers.
-dh