[Cialug] LS ?

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 12:05:35 CDT 2007

On 4/27/07, Matthew Nuzum <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 11:27 -0500, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
> > I'm so over ... tweaking every last UI
> > button, knob and themeable element.  And looking at any color text on a
> > black background makes my eyes hurt.  There's a reason that paper is
> > white you know...
>
> Here here.

Weird, I am the exact opposite.  I need a dark background to
concentrate on structured text.  My terminals and vim are always set
like that.  My eyes hurt if there is too much white on the screen, and
I think syntax-highlighted code looks just awful on a light
background. *shrug*

And be careful with comparing paper and CRTs; one selectively absorbs
and reflects radiation, while the other actually generates the
radiation.  Different design rules apply to each medium, IMHO. :-)  I
much prefer my printed materials to be dark-on-light.

--
Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer