[Cialug] Intel PRO/Wireless ipw3945

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Thu Apr 26 09:36:42 CDT 2007

Well, finally got it working.  First problem was the driver's .ko files weren't in /lib/modules where they were expected.  After that I had a problem where pcmcia was trying to latch onto the card which it wasn't a pcmcia card.  I disabled pcmcia and it worked fine.  At some point I may need pcmcia which means finding out how to tell pcmcia not to do what it was doing but for now I'm fine.

Works fine except for I can't get knetworkmanager to configure my wireless network properly.  I end up having to run iwconfig to do that.  What's even odder is if I configure the card and get connected when I run knetworkmanager it doesn't notice the card is already configured.  Is knetworkmanager broke? If so is there a good alternative?  I just assume get out of using command line for wifi configuration given I do jump networks from time-to-time.

--Tony