[Cialug] Intel PRO/Wireless ipw3945

Jesse Welling jesse.welling at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 17:49:25 CDT 2007

I'm guessing you use KDE, but maybe you could get Gnome network
manager to work. http://www.gnome.org/projects/NetworkManager/ Another
thing is with these kind of managers you often have to have an empty
config file. the Gnome Network Manager requires you have nothing in
your /etc/network/interfaces file except for the loop back. Here is
what Mine looks like:

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
#allow-hotplug eth1
#iface eth1 inet dhcp

As you can see to get the applet to work It has to have full reign
over every interface you wish it to manage.  Although I was once doing
some Bluetooth PAND networking and it didn't touch that so you can
have some stuff in there just nothing ethernet or wlan.

Hope it helps
Jesse W.