[Cialug] Apache2 Proxy & File Uploads

Jonathan Bailey jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us
Wed Nov 22 13:45:06 CST 2006

I'm having an issue with apache stripping out or otherwise mangling
multipart/form-data when doing a file upload. We've got a WWW server
proxying to the application server using the built in apache proxy. When
proxying from Apache 2.0.55 to Apache 2.0.55, the request is sent, but
without the file upload. The rest of the data is sent. When using apache
1.3.33 as the WWW server, everything is normal. Any thoughts? I also see
"[error] [client x.x.x.x] Invalid URI in request Max-Forwards: 20" in the
app server apache error log.

Jon