[Cialug] Apache2 Proxy & File Uploads

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 16:32:23 CST 2006

On 11/22/06, Jonathan Bailey <jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us> wrote:
> I'm having an issue with apache stripping out or otherwise mangling
> multipart/form-data when doing a file upload. We've got a WWW server
> proxying to the application server using the built in apache proxy. When
> proxying from Apache 2.0.55 to Apache 2.0.55, the request is sent, but
> without the file upload. The rest of the data is sent. When using apache
> 1.3.33 as the WWW server, everything is normal. Any thoughts? I also see
> "[error] [client x.x.x.x] Invalid URI in request Max-Forwards: 20" in the
> app server apache error log.

The Max-Forwards error makes me initially suspect that there is some
sort of looping condition?  Perhaps the request is bouncing between
the proxy and the Web server several times?  Use Wire Shark (formerly
Ethereal) to monitor the traffic between the two servers.

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night

My GNUPG public key is available at http://www.kristau.net/public_key.asc