[Cialug] New PC - Old Printer

Rob Miller robarooney at gmail.com
Thu May 18 10:48:37 CDT 2006

I just bought a Dell e510n and I loaded SuSE 10 / Gnome.  I've got an HP
Laserjet 1100 that I'd like to use with it but the Dell does not have a
parallel port.  It only has USB ports.

I've got the cables and adaptors for the path from the printer's
mini-centronics port to a USB and SuSE found the right driver file.  I'm
wondering if I need something else to push the print job through the USB
port.

I've tried the printer-cables-adaptors with one of the USB ports on my other
Dell that's running Win2k and it does not work there, either.

Thanks, Rob Miller.