[Cialug] DSL provider costs.

Dave J. Hala Jr. dave at 58ghz.net
Thu May 18 08:30:11 CDT 2006

I don't think Wimax is going to be it either. However, it will be a god
send in a few rural areas -exactly where I need it.

Its looking like (at least to me anyway) that the Access points are
going to be priced and designed for the big players. (telco's etc.) I'm
thinking that due to the fact that an average joe like me can't get his
hands on a prototype.

I'm also concerned about spectrum. The big players will probably be in
licensed sprectrum. Us "Joes" can't afford those licences, so we're
stuck in the unlicensed band's. Which isn't a bad thing, its just not as
"easy" to work in.

Most of the "other" disruptive technologies were readily available to us
average Joe's (or should I say average Dave's?) even when they were
still prototypes.

I have an application that will launch my business up to the next level
as I soon as I can get  "internet access everywhere".   The sprint PCS
service is not an option, as its generally unreliable in the locations
where I need it.

Nothing sucks more than having to wait around to see what the big
players are gonna do.

:) Dave

--

Open Source Information Systems, Inc. (OSIS)
Dave J. Hala Jr., President <dave at osis.us>