[Cialug] OT: Swap meet and used stuff?

David Couch dcouch at isucfvmb.org
Thu May 4 12:51:34 CDT 2006

I know this was brought up a while back - but I have been thinking about
trying to organize an annual or semi-annual computer
parts/electronics/ham/whatever swap meet.  I remember going to a couple
of them back 15 years ago or so.  I have a place in mind - a parking lot
(which happens to be at a WDM bar, so when it is all said and done, you
can grab yourselves a beer or something).  I was thinking something like
around 4 hours some weekend morning in the late summer / early fall and
maybe again in the late spring.  I know I have a bunch of stuff I need
to get rid of (see below) and was curious if anybody else would be
interested in a swap meet type thing.  So...who would be interested?

And now for my shameless plug - my wife is making me get rid of a bunch
of parts this weekend at our garage sale.  I have video cards, sound
cards, modems, CD-ROM drives, hubs, lots of cables, books, cases, old
memory, monitors, an Indigo2 and just a bunch of other stuff I need to
get rid of.  So, if you happen to be free this weekend (Friday and
Saturday from 8-4) - please stop on by and help me get back in the good
graces with my wife.  The sale is at 5088 Oakwood Ln, in WDM (off S.
50th between George Mills and Grand - Google Map
<http://tinyurl.com/lmoy6>).  Also, mention that you are with the LUG or
CUG and get a discount - or just make an offer!

Thanks

dave