[Cialug] OT - Windows 2000 - Stop error - blue screen

Rob Miller robarooney at gmail.com
Thu May 4 11:48:01 CDT 2006

When I started my home pc this morning, I got a blue screen telling me about
a Stop error, possible virus or HD corruption.  I've never had a problem
with my pc and I have a firewall, etc. but the machine is about ten years
old - a Dell 233 mHz running Win2K.  I'm presuming I need help getting it
going or recovering data from the hard drive.

I'm not comfortable with "Safe Mode" or using a boot disk.  I don't want to
use Geek Squad/Best Buy if there's someone on this list who is in business
to help with this kind of problem.  Feel free to contact me directly.
Thanks.

robarooney at gmail.com

Rob Miller 515-213-4826 (work) or 515-987-7837 (home)