[Cialug] OT: what computer....

Jeff Davis jeff at dynamictelecard.com
Fri Mar 10 15:13:40 CST 2006

Those are two questions are just too vague to give a simple answer.
Especially the "what computer should I get." I cringe when I hear it.

I agree with Dave C., if you really don't want to deal with it I think
your best option is to push them towards one of the local shops.

Personally I try not to send anyone to stores like
Best Buy, CompUSA, or Walmart for a new PC/laptop.
If they get one there you're more likely to end up
being their support person.

If they can get by with a pretty generic PC then I'd lend then
a hand in evaluating a specific model of Dell/HP/Sony/Toshiba, etc.

-Jeff