Slightly OT Re: [Cialug] mediacom repair number?

Ian S. Walmsley iwalmsley at IANLAN.COM
Tue Jul 25 19:11:06 CDT 2006

Good Question, but the answer is no.  While this package was designed
for online gamers and computer geeks they still require a tech for the
install because they want your money.  The fact is, Mediacom doesn't
care about the customer. They will do everything they can to sign you up
for their services, but once you're their customer you are screwed for
life.  This was a big question that was asked when I worked there, and
still is the biggest question from customers that still call into the
call center.  Mediacom has an over-utilized network, with an
infrastructure they cannot maintain with too many dependencies on AT&T.
Mediacom cannot even run and administer their own DNS servers.

To tell you the truth, I would not count on anything to change. The
issue is with the corporate office and how the company runs as a whole.
No one in any call center can do anything for you, accept offer you
credit for services received. Seriously, they do not have any power to
do anything for you at all. I was in this position, and that along with
their VoIP services that made me leave and go elsewhere.

Sorry, got on a rant there, but wanted you to know and everyone to know
that you get what you get with them, and that's it.

Ian