[Cialug] MySQL Optimization

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Tue Jan 10 10:58:19 CST 2006

Tell us more about how it is slow.
What kind of application is it?

Are the queries big (do you have a sample) do you have a ton of indexes on
your tables (they can slow down inserts) do you have any indexes on the
tables?  How many tables are you using in a query?  A lot of times rewriting
a query alone can make the DB faster.

Are you accessing it with PHP - through common libraries?

Dave- I'm surprised you didn't just say fix it with PGSQL.

-Nate