[Cialug] MySQL Optimization

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Tue Jan 10 09:40:02 CST 2006

Tony Bibbs wrote:
> Ok, I'm not a complete n00b to MySQL but despite my best efforts I'm in
> dire need of optimizing an installation I have.  I've got a site that is
> running terribly slow despite having a dedicated database server.  The
> load on the database server loves to stay at 2 or better.

That goes well, I'm not a big fan of mysql but know how to fix it :-)

Just having high load isn't bad, I have one client that the load doesn't
go below 3-4 except for an hour or two in the early AM. It was a pooch
initially but moves pretty quick now. It's on decent hardware with 6
gigs of ram and fast SCSI raid with dual 2.8 xeons.

Set me up a login and I'll take a look at it.