[Cialug] OT: Treos & other smartphones

John.Lengeling at radisys.com John.Lengeling at radisys.com
Tue Jan 3 15:20:28 CST 2006

I have used the Treo 600 (1.5 years) and now have a Treo 650 (9 months). I
had a lot of minor issues with the 600 but no real major problems.  The
650 was much better (faster, more reliable) up until I upgraded the
firmware to 1.15.  This firmware sucked with lots of reboots and weird
crashes/behavior. I upgraded to the latest 1.17 about 1 month ago and all
of the weirdness went away.

Each version gets a little bit better, I really like the 650 overall.  The
web browsing is much better than the 600 ever was.

johnl

Jeff Davis <jeff at dynamictelecard.com>
Sent by: cialug-bounces at cialug.org
01/03/2006 02:50 PM
Please respond to
Central Iowa Linux Users Group <cialug at cialug.org>

Central Iowa Linux Users Group <cialug at cialug.org>
cc

Subject
[Cialug] OT: Treos & other smartphones

I'm in the market for a new phone/pda device and I was looking at the
treo 650.
I know some of you on the list have them and was curious about your
opinion.
Since it's coming out of my pocket I'd prefer using a wifi adapter and
only use the
evdo data network when wifi is unavailable.

The 700w is coming out soon, but apparently it'll use windows mobile 5.0
instead of the palm os, which IMHO presents a pile of issues. (i.e.
securing the damn thing.)