[Cialug] OT: Treos & other smartphones

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Tue Jan 3 14:55:14 CST 2006

The 650 has stabilized now, so I would actually consider it.  Both Dave
and I have 600s, because
for quite a long time, the 650 was crippled.  The 700w is coming out
soon, as is the 700p.  (a later
version of soon).  I plan to upgrade my 600 to the 700p (or 700l) when
one is available.
I do not recommend the 700w.

The 650 will give you a higher density screen and bluetooth.  Other than
that, it is pretty much
the same as the 600.

I have never used a wifi adapter with a treo, because the cellular data
network is everywhere I
am, and I would rather have a storage card in my PDA.

--
-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP
morej at alliancetechnologies.net
515-245-7701

>>>jeff at dynamictelecard.com 01/03/06 2:50 pm >>>
I'm in the market for a new phone/pda device and I was looking at the
treo 650.
I know some of you on the list have them and was curious about your
opinion.
Since it's coming out of my pocket I'd prefer using a wifi adapter and
only use the
evdo data network when wifi is unavailable.

The 700w is coming out soon, but apparently it'll use windows mobile 5.0
instead of the palm os, which IMHO presents a pile of issues. (i.e.
securing the damn thing.)

Cialug mailing list
Cialug at cialug.org