[Cialug]sarge+nocatauth

Brandon Griffis brandongriffis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 15:53:56 CST 2006

On 2/18/06, Anthony Jeffries <ajeffri at loopysite.org> wrote:
> > What pcmcia wifi cards does sarge like?

I would recommend doing a froggle search or ebay search for 2wire
PCMCIA cards.  The 802.11b versions of this card will go for about $30
or less and they're orinoco cards (high quaility / directly compatible
with the Linux kernel, no fiddling)

You can find some 802.11g 2wire cards that are also orinico, but be
careful some might run different chipsets (esp the GOLD versions)
which might not be as directly compaitble.

You can get most any wifi card to work with NDISwrapper or the
previously suggested madwifi, but I find it better and easier to get
directly comaptible cards.  Not to mention it sends the financial
message that we want OS drivers.

-Gamble

PS - Hi everyone.  (First Post)