[Cialug] nvidia/ati

Dave J. Hala Jr. dave at 58ghz.net
Fri Dec 8 17:42:33 CST 2006

I ended up buying a diamond stealth s120 card from Staples that uses the
Radeon 9550 chipset. I downloaded the ati proprietary driver and
installed it. Redhat-config-xfree86, doesn't report the memory correctly
for the vid card -even when using the ATI driver (fglrx), but it appears
to be operating correctly. Secondly, in XF86Config, I added "1680x1050"
to the modes line.

It looks great and works great.