[Cialug] nvidia/ati

Dave J. Hala Jr. dave at 58ghz.net
Fri Dec 8 10:12:41 CST 2006

I'm doing a flat panel and video card upgrade on my RHEL 3.x WS
computer.

I'm currently running a gforce mx4 video card using the nvidia driver
with KDE. Its really kind of a *pita* due to the fact whenever you do a
kernel update you need to do a driver update.

I'm wondering if I switch to an ATI card can I still get decent X
performance using an ATI driver that doesn't have the same pitfalls as
the Nvidia drivers? If I buy a new card it will be something common and
costing less than $100.00

Any thoughts?

:) Dave
--

Open Source Information Systems, Inc. (OSIS)
Dave J. Hala Jr., President <dave at osis.us>