[Cialug] APC Presentation at InfoBunker

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 23:07:22 CST 2006

On 12/7/06, Jeffrey C. Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:
> Anyone care to share a report of the event?

I think they had a smaller turn out than they expected (lots of food
left over), but the group was actually a good size for the space.
About a dozen showed up for the tour.  Matt, the APC rep was pretty
laid back and really didn't do much of a sales pitch.  I think he just
wanted to show of the APC Symmetra and the racks.  No swag, unless you
count the pen that came in the back of promo slicks.

The facility itself is very impressive.  They've really thought out
the security for the place, but it is not overly cumbersome to enter
the facility (no body cavity search, DNA sampling or the like).  There
are about four comfortable offices set up for DR exercises or events
with network jacks, chair and IP phone at each station.  Their control
center is on the lowest level with 8x2 rear projection screens (52" or
60" each, I can't remember).  Cameras watch just about every corner in
the place that is built out.  They are 100% co location, so their
staff just babysit the infrastructure to keep the racks powered and
connected.

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night